The Market Needs - Purpose of Education:
The Welding Related Personnel are staff which is responsible for coordinating, monitoring, supervising, inspecting and performing welding activities.
The categories are as follow:
- Welding Coordination Personnel
- Welding Inspection Personnel
The International framework for certification of persons allows International Welding Engineers certified according to the requirements of standard ISO 14731. Also one of the keys to the certification of construction companies / organizations in accordance with ISO 3834, is the adoption of so-called Welding Coordinators. Finally and in accordance with standards EN 1090-2 and ISO 3834-2: 2005 § 7 regarding the Welding Personnel, the manufacturer shall have competent and necessary personnel for the design, planning, execution and supervision of production and welding in particular and especially.
After the end of the proposed program will be able to:
- To sign the technical reports of a project
- To coordinate the work on the welds and intervene where necessary
- To prepare and WPQR WPS
- To certify welders
Please select the appropriate welding method and the corresponding parts
- To plan and sign the welding process
- To supervise the construction process
- To sign document reviews
- To prepare and sign a Quality and Test plans
- To select and evaluate the appropriate method for non-destructive inspections
- Properly manages European and International quality standards
- Evaluate the Material Test Reports
- From 01.07.2014 all metal construction companies are required to have an International Welding Engineer (IWE) in human resources in accordance with international standards EN ISO 3834 and EN 1090.
The program consists of 4 Modules:
- Welding processes and equipment
- Materials and their behaviour during welding
- Construction and design
- Fabrication, applications engineering
During the training, namely after completion of each module (1,2,3,4) implemented written electronic test duration of 2 hours. After passing the written examination in the following 4 modules and an oral which the candidates tested in all matter. Total examinations 5
After successful completion of the tests - written and oral - the applicant is recognized as an International Welding Engineer (International Welding Engineer - IWE) by the International and European Organizations Welding International Welding Institute - IIW and European Welding Federation - EWF.
Then you have the possibility to apply for certification and to join WSTAR Register of Certified International Welding Engineers.
Module 1: Welding processes and equipment
Welding technology, cutting, power sources, welding methods and processes, special welding processes, soldering and brazing, automations, welding of plastics and ceramics.
Module 2: Materials and their behavior during welding
Steel structures, alloys, heat treatment, formation of cracks, cast iron, non ferrous metals, metallography.
Module 3: Construction and design
Joint design, materials strength, seams calculation, seams under different loading conditions, design of aluminium structures, fracture mechanics.
Module 4: Fabrication, applications engineering,
QA, QC, residual stresses and distortion, health and safety, Non Destructive Testing, repair welding, case studies