WELDING COORDINATOR PROGRAMS
- QA/QC WELDING COORDINATOR
- OHSAS WELDING COORDINATOR
- ENVIRONMENTAL WELDING COORDINATOR
1. QA/QC WELDING COORDINATOR
NEW BLENDED LEARNING PROGRAM (E-LEARNING AND IN-CLASS) or ELEARNING BY THE WELDING GREEK INSTITUTE
QA/QC Welding Coordinator:
The Market Needs - Purpose of Education:
The Welding Related Personnel are staff which is responsible for coordinating, monitoring, supervising, inspecting and performing welding activities.
The categories are as follow:
- Welding Coordination Personnel
- Welding Inspection Personnel
The international framework for the certification of persons allows Welding Inspectors to be certified according to the requirements of standard ISO 14731. Also one of the keys to the certification of construction companies / organizations in accordance with ISO 3834, which is the adoption of the Welding Coordinators. Finally and in accordance with standards EN 1090-2 and ISO 3834-2: 2005 § 7 regarding the Welding Personnel, the manufacturer should have necessary and sufficient staff to design, planning, execution and supervision of production at welding activities.
- Technical Vocational Schools graduates.
- Diploma from a Higher Education Private College in relevant subject – minimum 3 years of study.
- Merchant Shipping Academies – Diploma of Mechanical School.
- Relevant Diploma from Highest Educational Institution
After the program the candidate will be able to control the following actions:
- Planning and control of records
- Codes and standards – Interpretation and use
- Safety in inspection
- Confirmation of parent material identity
- Welding processes review
- Consideration of the method of qualification of welding procedures
- Consideration of the range of qualification of welding procedure specifications
- Confirmation of consumables identity
- Verification of the compliance, availability and application in production of approved Welding Procedure Specifications.
- Verification of Welding Personnel Qualification compliance, availability, application in production, and validity
- Verification that preheating is applied in accordance with specified procedures
- Visual Techniques and measurement before welding to verify dimensions, fit-up, and weld preparations are in accordance with engineering drawings.
- In-process welding surveillance to verify compliance with specified Welding Procedure Specifications
- Post weld Visual Techniques and measurement of completed welds against specification and engineering drawing requirements
- Verification of the compliance and completion of destructive testing where required
- Verification of the completion and compliance of Non-destructive Testing
- Defect identification, acceptance/rejection and cause investigation
- Verification of compliance of documentation (ITPs, procedures, reports)
- Verification and compliance of engineering drawings and weld symbols
- Supervision of Certified Welding Inspectors, Certified Senior Welding Inspectors and Trainees
- Verification that heat treatment procedures and records are in accordance with specification requirements
- Verification and final acceptance of Certification of Compliance
- Preparation and approval of Inspection Reports
- Preparation and approval of Welding Procedure Specifications
- Preparation of and approval of Welding Personnel Qualifications
- Design and implementation of quality assurance programmes
- Welding consumables: Compatibility, Identity verification, Delivery conditions, storage and handling of welding consumables, purchasing specifications review
- Suitability and validity of welders' and welding operators' qualification certificates
- Review of necessary measures and actions with respect to non-conformance and corrective actions
- Consideration of quality records, including the preparation and maintenance of the necessary records
- Identification of: production plans, routing cards, weld locations in construction, non-destructive testing procedures and personnel, traceability of parent material (e.g. type, cast number)
- Traceability for: fully mechanized and automatic welding units to specific welds, welder and welding operators to specific welds, welding procedure specifications to specific welds
The education structure:
The Welding Greek Institute (WGI) offers an innovative and specialized short-term training program, recognized and accredited by major Welding Institutes and accepted by the international market, the QA/QC Welding Coordinator.
The program will be implemented in blended learning (e-learning and in-class) or exclusively on e-learning.
The duration is 3 weeks
Teaching is divided into three (3) modules:
The first chapter is titled: Quality Management Systems, entirely implemented in E-Learning platform of the Welding Greek Institute, and includes a comprehensive approach to Quality Assurance, Quality Management, Quality Control, Inspection quality system, ISO 9000 , documentation of a quality system and internal control.
The second chapter entitled Welding Technology, also implemented entirely in E-Learning platform of the Greek Institute of Welding, and includes an introduction on welding, metallurgy, materials welding, to destructive and non-destructive inspections.
The third chapter entitled: QC Welding Coordination, implemented entirely in Class and includes the introduction and analysis of an Inspection Test Plan (ITP) and a Quality Control System applied to metal construction processes. Analysis of international standards and a high quality Reference Book with all the documentation you need to know as a qualified QA / QC Welding Coordinator in construction companies for steel structures.
The instructors of the program are Phd Engineers, industry executives, Welding Inspectors and Engineers with extensive experience. who have the appropriate background to teach such a specialized and demanding course.
At the end of training takes place a three hour e-examination (one hour per module).
1st Week - E-Learning
Quality Management Systems
Day 1: Quality Management Principles, Processes, Effectivenes and Efficiency.
Day 2: ISO 9001 analysis and implementation requirements.
Day 3: Structure of a Quality Management System, Documentation
Day 4: Auditing (Internal & External)
Day 5: Quality Framework, European Directives, CE marking, Accreditation System, Notification.
2nd Week - E-Learning
Day 1: Welding Processes & Equipment
Day 2: Welding Metallurgy
Day 3: Inspection & NDT Methods
Day 4: Design & Construction
Day 5: Management Systems implementation principles (ISO 3834 & 9001)
3rd week - Class Room or E-learning
QC Welding Coordination
Day 1: Quality Control in Welding Fabrication, Construction, Repair and Maintenance
Day 2: Inspection Test Plans
Day 3: Establish, implement and manage a documentation package
Day 4: Documentation Package & Elements
Day 5: Compliance with specific codes
E-Exams (online) - Certification WSTAR
After passing the examination, candidates will be recognized as QA/QC Welding Coordinator, absolutely fulfilling the requirements of the standards as stated in the purpose of education.
After 3 years work experience in connection with the subject or an existing service, the Qualified QA/QC Welding Coordinator will have the opportunity be certified and participate in the Registry of the Welding Greek Institute of Certified Welding Coordinators with international recognition through Accreditation ISO 17024.
Cost of training: EUR
Cost of exams: 200 EUR
Cost of training: EUR
Cost of exams: 350 EUR
2. OHSAS WELDING COORDINATOR
Once someone has successfully completed the QA/QC Welding Coordinator, has the possibility to attend to OHSAS Welding Coordinator, which is addressed exclusively to engineers from Highest Educational Institutions or Higher Education Private Colleges. After the training they give an e-exam to obtain the Diploma OHSAS Welding Coordinator, and if they prove relevant work experience at least 2 years they acquire Certificate OHSAS Welding Coordinator:
- Understands the applicable legislation regarding safety during welding activities, regulations, policies and practices and ensures their proper application to the project
- Periodically conducts safety inspections/ internal audits on welding projects evolving, to ensure compliance to safety legislation
- Represent Company in the incidents investigation procedure
- Review site safety induction and progressive implementation as welding project evolve
- Ensure Company and appointed subcontractors compliance, with safety legislation
- Analyse, Interpret and report accidents on behalf of the Company.
- Coordinating implementation of the approved Occupational Health and Safety Management plan and monitoring compliance with the plan during the works. Specialization of the approved Occupational Health and Safety Management plan to the welding activities
- Review of Fire emergency plan and Coordinate preparedness exercises, in order to establish a common understanding of the actions to be taken.
- Review personal protective equipment implication by all involved personnel, especially those involved in welding activities
- Provide assistance and job trainings to team members when required.
The training program of Enviromental Welding Coordinator implemented in E-Learning platform of the Welding Greek Institute, lasts 4 days:
Day 1: Introduction to health and safety at the workplace, Legal regulations and Other Requirements, Sources of Risk - Hazard, Accident, Incidents - Occupational disease, Working conditions (implementation, supervision, implementation) - Obligations of employer - Safety Technician & Workplace Doctors, Committee on health and safety at work
Day 2: Design, Structure and Requirements of Health & Safety Management System according to ISO 18001:2007, Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment and Determining Controls, Objectives and Health & Safety Programs, Implementation and Operation Environmental Management System, Case Studies, Exercises
Day 3: Risk analysis and proposed safety measures:
Ø Building structure
Ø Mechanical equipment
Ø Lifts machinery
Ø Hand tools (Correct handling of machinery and tools)
Ø Electrical Installation (Risk of electric shock)
Hazards and safety measures by:
Ø Natural factors (humidity, temperature, wind, noise)
Ø Chemical agents (dust, solvents, paints, etc.)
Ø Biological factors
Specific work (welding, painting, etc.)
Working at height
Day 4: Proper use and need for PPE, Use of medication - First Aid, Case Studies, Exercises
3. ENVIRONMENTAL WELDING COORDINATOR
Once someone has successfully completed the QA/QC Welding Coordinator, has the possibility to attend to Environmental Welding Coordinator, which is addressed exclusively to engineers from Highest Educational Institutions or Higher Education Private Colleges. After the training they give an e-exam to obtain the Diploma Environmental Welding Coordinator, and if they prove relevant work experience at least 2 years they acquire Certificate Environmental Welding Coordinator.
- Coordinate and overview environmental operations to ensure regulatory compliance
- Oversee waste disposal and treatment programs, mainly for welding activities but not only for them
- Ensure that industrial operations are in compliance with National and /or European / International regulations
- Perform regular site inspections for environment compliances.
- Stay updated with new developments in environmental policies and regulations.
- Provide assistance and job trainings to team members when required.
- Identify root causes of environmental problems related to welding materials and consumables and propose appropriate action plans.
- Assess potential environmental risks and develop mitigation plans.
- Work with cross-functional teams to maintain environmental management and monitoring programs.
- Follow and enforce environmental health and safety procedures.
- Work with management to schedule periodic maintenance and upgrade activities.
- Identify areas of improvements to reduce environmental damages and wastes.
- Maintain complete and clear documentations for environmental operations for reference purposes.
- Develop and review existing hazard control programs to reduce contaminations and accidents.
The training program of Enviromental Welding Coordinator implemented in E-Learning platform of the Welding Greek Institute, lasts 2 days:
Day 1: Introduction to Environmental Management Systems, General guidelines on principles, systems and support techniques, Terminology - Definitions, Legal regulations and Other Requirements / Basic, The standard ISO EN 14001: 2004
Day 2: Design, Structure and Requirements of Environmental Management System according to ISO 14001: 2004, Identification of environmental aspects and impacts, and their evaluation - Measures to reduce environmental impact Objectives and Environmental Programs, Implementation and Operation Environmental Management System, Case Studies, Exercises